It seems like motivational quotes are everywhere. People post them as their Facebook status; they’re being repinned like crazy on Pinterest; teachers hang them on bulletin boards; they’re even on bumper stickers and inside fortune cookies.
Sometimes, even the simplest motivational quotes strike a chord and serve as a reminder that things aren’t as bad as they may seem, or that success really is possible with hard work. Quotes from famous philosophers, authors, entrepreneurs, entertainers and even average Joes can become your personal mantra.
It would be nothing short of impossible to include them all, but here is a compilation of 20 of the best motivational quotes for students. Read on … chances are, at least one of them will stick with you!
1. “Every student can learn. Just not on the same day or in the same way.” —George Evans
2. “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.” –Bill Vaughan
3. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” –Walt Disney
4. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” –Malcom X
5. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” –Leonardo da Vinci
6. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” –William Butler Yeats
7. “Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.” –Robert Newton Anthony
8. “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” —Bill Cosby
9. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” –Bo Jackson
10. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” –William James
11. “The only real failure in life is one not learned from.” –Anthony J. D’Angelo
12. “True, a little learning is a dangerous thing, but it still beats total ignorance.” –Abigail Van Buren
13. “Dream and give yourself permission to envision a You that you choose to be.” –Joy Page
14. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.” –Henry Ford
15. “Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.” –William James
16. “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” –George Washington Carver
17. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” –Steve Jobs
18. “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” –Victor Kiam
19. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” –Robert Frost
Melissa Rhone earned her Bachelor of Music in Education from the University of Tampa. She resides in the Tampa Bay area and enjoys writing about college, pop culture, and epilepsy awareness.
Have something to say? Feel free to add comments or additional information.