Concorde Career Colleges, Inc. is a private educational institution which specializes in healthcare training from a variety of different angles. The campus in Tampa, Florida in conveniently located near the Tampa International Airport and Highway I-275 right in the heart of Tampa.
The school offers certificate programs and two Associate of Science degrees, and programs take less than two years to complete, and as little as eight months. The school provides a great program for helping graduates find employment in the healthcare industry by preparing students for interviews and by working with advisors to network through the school’s established contacts in the industry.
This is a vocational school where students have time in a traditional classroom setting and lots of hands-on experience. Academic programs for earning a certificate include:
- Dental Assistant Program—students will be trained in processing X-rays and other steps of preparing for procedures to be completed by the dentist
- Medical Office Administration—in which students will learn how to become the link between an office and the insurance companies being billed along with learning about accounts payable, payroll and taxes, and computers
- Patient Care Technician Program—assisting doctors in monitoring the progress of patients (includes taking blood work, helping with rehabilitation and more) is the focus of this program
- Medical Assistant Program— students learn how to become a key player in the staff of any medical team – medical assistants perform a number of administrative tasks as well first aid procedures and CPR when necessary
- Pharmacy Technician Program—students learn how to become an integral part of the team filling prescriptions
- Surgical Technologist Program—in which students perform essential parts of the operation procedure (the CST credential is the next step)
Associate of Science Degrees are awarded in:
- Respiratory Therapy Program—students train to be responsible for the life-support functions of patients on a daily basis
- Nursing—Patient care, anatomy, pharmacology, and nutrition are just some of the subjects learned for this degree. Graduates will be able to work in hospitals and other health care facilities.
Most Popular Fields of Study
Students interested in applying for admission to the Tampa campus can fill out a form online and wait for a representative to contact you with the necessary information. Much of the process is simplified when students log onto the campus home page, as representatives will greet interested parties live and offer advice and answer questions on the spot regarding the procedure. The admissions process is straightforward and easily completed, as opposed to many schools which will require lengthy applications as well as an interview and further paperwork. The college aims to move students into the classroom with as little hassle as possible, as there is little reason to waste time.
Students who wish to attend are eligible for federal financial aid. Applicants should complete the FAFSA (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and include the Concorde code 015307. The Director of Finance at the Tampa campus, is available to answer questions for prospective students.
Students have the opportunity to potentially take advantage of Pell Grants and the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, both of which are offered to students in need and do not require student repayment. The latter, the FSEOG, is awarded typically to students who are already receiving a Pell Grant and are still unable to pay the tuition costs. Students may also receive a Perkins or Stafford Loan, which originate with the U.S. Government and are accompanied by low interest rates. Unless the loan is an unsubsidized Stafford Loan, interest will not begin to accrue until after a student has finished the coursework at this institution.
Student Financial Aid Details
The Tampa campus appeals to a variety of different people from different walks of life. Members of the U.S. Armed Forces who have finished their service may be attending classes, while students who have raised a family may be looking for more skills in a competitive marketplace. Students are typically focused on direct job placement and have the Career Services Office to help.
Student Enrollment Demographics
Accreditation is provided by the ACCSCT (the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology) to award associate’s degrees as well as certificates in a number of different disciplines. The ACCSCT is recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education and dates back to 1967.
Justine Ventimiglia graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Michigan – Dearborn. Currently residing in a 1950’s modest ranch in Metro Detroit, she enjoys researching and writing about Mid Century Modern furniture and decor as she works on restoring her home and documenting the process.