Everest University’s South Orlando campus is located in the Greater Orlando metro area in Florida. The campus serves both Orange and Osceola counties. The Orlando campus opened in 1987 and is now the largest facility in the large Everest family of for-profit schools. The facility is approximately a quarter-mile long from one end to the other, with just one floor, alone, covering 60,000 square feet.
The university not only strives to provide their students with a high quality education, they also connect with local neighborhoods, supporting fundraising and awareness activities including Toys for Tots, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Orange County Education Foundation’s Read to Succeed, among others.
Academic programs include a wide range of baccalaureate and certificate programs to meet diverse needs.
Bachelor of Science Degree Programs
- Accounting – Prepares students to analyze and communicate the financial position of an enterprise and provide advice on management services, taxation, and information systems analysis.
- Business – Prepares students with a broad knowledge of practical business areas and employment in middle management positions in industry, business, and government.
- Computer Information Science ~ Provides students with special training in the development, analysis, and design of computer information and database management systems.
- Criminal Justice – Prepares students for a career in probation, corrections, security administration and loss prevention.
- Paralegal – Under the supervision of attorneys, students learn how to interview, gather, and analyze factual situations; prepare legal documents; research the law; and conduct day-to-day tasks in a legal office.
Students are able to gain licenses and certificates in the same areas as those pursuing their BS degrees, as listed above, as well as:
- Health Care Administration
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
Additional programs include the following:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) ~ The EU program is designed to enhance the student’s effectiveness to the industry and business, focusing on the areas of marketing, management, economics, and accounting. This graduate program have the opportunity to concentrate on Accounting, Human Resources Management, and International Business.
- Associate of Science (AS) in Medical Insurance Billing and Coding ~ This serves a high-needs area in the medical administration field.
- Associate or Bachelor of Applied Management ~ Focus on business management and critical thinking in accounting, general business, computer applications, management, marketing, and business law.
Students may also want to inquire about the online program which offers flexibility to students who work and have families. Students taking courses online can design their timetables and schedules to fit their needs.
Most Popular Fields of Study
Admissions officers do not follow a traditional set of requirements. The first thing they want to do is meet the student, face-to-face. They invite prospective students to come in and meet with admissions personnel to talk about training and career goals. During the visit, students should consider a campus tour before filling out the application.
Students need to take an assessment examination prior to acceptance unless they:
- have completed one academic year of credit at another post-secondary institution,
- have a score of at least 15 on the ACT, or
- have a score of at least 700 on the SAT
A career placement assessment is available to students who take advantage of this service. The assessment helps students identify their abilities, interests, and talents.
The financial aid office offers opportunities ranging from scholarships and grants to loans. A Student Financial Representative is standing by, ready to help answer any questions students may have. Awards are both needs- and achievement-based.
Student Financial Aid Details
A variety of student supports are available. Tutoring is available for students who need help with homework, test preparation, or coursework in general.
There is a library on campus that provides students with research opportunities using reference books and periodicals, VCRs, TVs, computers, and other technology supports. Internet access is also available.
The University also invites guest lecturers on campus to talk to students on special topics. University officials are always open to student and community suggestions.
Student Enrollment Demographics
Student Graduation Demographics
Some of the school spirit and tradition activities on campus include:
- February – Valentine’s Day – cards and candy are passed out
- March – Saint Patrick’s Day – “Wearing of the Green” with themes or costumes
- October – Halloween Spooktacular – costume party for campus and high school students
- October – Fright Night Haunted House – inviting students from local high schools
- November – Thanksgiving Potluck – for employees
- December – Various campus-based Holiday activities
- December – Angel Tree Toy Drive – by student ambassadors to sponsor local families
- December – Everest’s version of American Idol with winner to perform at graduation the next spring
Elisabeth Bailey is a freelance writer and editor with particular interests in academics, food,and sustainability . She is also the author of A Taste of the Maritimes: Local, Seasonal Recipes the Whole Year Round and writes regularly for Canadian Farmers’ Almanac and the National Wildlife Federation. Elisabeth and her family live and enjoy great local food in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.