The Minneapolis Campus offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts in Human Resources Management (MAHRM), Master of Arts in Health and Human Services Administration (MAHSA), Master of Arts in International Business (MIB), Master of Arts in Management (MAM), Master of Arts in Public Safety Administration (MAPSA), Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership and Ethics (MASOLE), Master of Science in Geographical Information Sciences (MSGIS), Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM), and Master of Science in Telecommunications (MSTM) as well as a doctoral program in leadership (EdD). Students can complete a double degree or a double major in whichever major they choose. The strongest areas of study are leadership, ethics, finance, and management. The most popular courses are survey courses that give overviews of finance, personnel, ethics, and leadership.
Thirty-three total credits are required to complete the MA/MS. Required courses for the MA/MS include:
- Management Principles
- Oral Communications
- Leadership and Decision Making
- Project Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Legal and Government Systems
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Information Systems
- Strategic Planning
- Managerial Ethics and Issues
Required courses include:
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Managerial Economics in a Global Environment
- Ethics and Responsibility
- Business Law
- Global Leadership and Management
- Marketing Distribution/Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management
- International Operations Management
- Organizations and Human Behavior
- Business Analysis: The Case Method
- Intercultural Acumen
- Political Economy of Business
- Business and Internationalization
Students may eliminate or substitute requirements by transferring up to 6 credits.
The minimum time permitted to complete the master’s degree program attending part time is 5 semesters; maximum, 5 years.
There are 3 total full-time graduate business faculty, all of whom hold a doctorate; there are 39 part-time faculty, of whom 50% hold a doctorate. Faculty salaries are rated well below average for Category llA institutions, based on the AAUP rating system. Average number of credit hours faculty teach is 9; average business class size is 20.