The Cox School of Business offers the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Accounting (MSA), Master of Science in Entrepreneurship (MS), Master of Science in Management (MSM) as well as a joint degree in law (JD/MBA) and arts administration (MA/MBA). Other programs include foreign exchange with 15 countries and internships. The strongest areas of study are accounting, finance, marketing, business strategy, and entrepreneurship. The most popular courses are Finance, Marketing, and Entrepreneurial Studies. Regular programs bring distinguished speakers and visiting professors to campus.
Sixty total credits are required to complete the MBA, including 36 elective credits. Required courses include:
- Financial Accounting I
- Managerial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Finance
- Managerial Statistics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- Management Decision Analysis
- Managing Your Career
- Managerial Communication Skills
- Operations Management
- Global Leadership Program
Required courses for the MSA include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Management Control Systems
- Auditing I and II
- Taxation I and II
- Financial Accounting I and II Required courses for the MSM include: * Managerial Economics * Strategic Management * Managerial Statistics * Organizational Behavior * Corporate Entrepreneurship: Intrapreneuring * Managerial Accounting l * Management Decision Analysis * Strategic Human Resources Management * Managerial Finance * Marketing Management * Operations Management * Finance Theory and Practice * Operations Management Strategy * Analytic Methods for New Product Development
Students may eliminate or substitute requirements by transferring a maximum of 8 credit hours from another AACSB school.
Business students may take relevant nonbusiness courses in other departments. The minimum time permitted to complete the master’s degree program attending full time is 22 months; maximum, 6 years. For students attending part time, the minimum is 2.5 years; maximum, 6 years.
There are 75 total full-time graduate business faculty; there are 30 part-time faculty. Faculty salaries are rated above average for Category I institutions, based on the AAUP rating system. Average business class size is 40.