Marylhurst University is a private, non-profit, liberal arts university located in
Marylhrurst, Oregon, 20 minutes south of Portland on the Willamette River. Marylhurst is
part of a Suburban setting and is a commuter campus. ’lThe school has approximately
1,800 students that attend both on-campus (1,250) and online programs (550). Marylhurst
offers several Certificate programs, Bachelor and Master Degrees.
ln 1893, St. Mary’s College was founded as the first
liberal arts college to serve the educational needs of Northwest women. ln 1930, St.
Mary’s College was renamed Marylhurst College and moved to its present location. ln
1974, Marylhurst became a co-educational institution and the first Iiberal arts college in
the United States to be designated as a college for lifelong learning. ln 1977, Marylhurst
received accreditation from the Northwest Associations of Secondary and Higher Schools.
now known as Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. ln l986, Marylhurst
established the Master of Art Therapy program, the only accredited art therapy program
in the Northwest, and World Report’s Guide to America’s Best Colleges recognized
Marylhurst as the best value in higher education among Western regional colleges and
universities. ln 1998, Marylhurst College became Marylhurst University, Clackamas
County’s first university. ln 2000, Marylhurst established the Bachelor of Music Therapy
program, the only program in the Northwest accredited by the National Association of
Schools of Music and approved by the American Music Therapy Association. ln 2002,
The lnternational Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) awarded
Marylhurst University accreditation of its MBA, BS in business and BS in Real Estate
Studies degree prograrns. ln 2004, at the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning’s
international conference, Marylhurst University received the Institutional Service
Award for “outstanding commitment to the expansion of lifelong learning opportunities
and for innovative efforts to improve access and quality in academic programs for adult
learners.” ln 2007, Marylhurst was recognized for the seventh consecutive year in the US
News & World Report’s Best Colleges list. In 2008, Marylhurst launched its the Master
of Education program.
There’s never a reason to feel alone in your studies at Marylhurst, since there are academic
support services like extensive undergraduate evening or early manning classes, study skills assistance, and a tutoring and writing center. Moreover, counselors can help students for some counseling or other types of support, including adult (re-entering) student
services, career counseling, financial aid counseling, freshman orientation,
personal counseling and veteran’s programs.
The following are the types of degrees and majors offered at Marylhurst
- 100% Online Programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in
Real Estate Studies
- Master of Business Administration
- Healthcare Management
- Real Estate Studies
- Master of Business Administration in Sustainable Business
- Social Sciences:
- Social Sciences – General
- Psychology – General
- Philosophy and Religion:
- Philosophy, Philosophy & Religion – General, Religion/Religious Studies
- Communications & Journalism:
- Communications/Rhetoric, Public Relations
- Business, Management, & Marketing:
- Business – General, Business Administration/Management, Business Communications, Real Estate
- School of Visual and Performing Arts:
- Art – General, Fine/Studio Arts, Interior Design, Music – General
- Multiple or Interdisciplinary:
- Natural Sciences
Most Popular Fields of Study
Marylhurst University accepts applications year-round and enrolls four times a year, in winter, spring, summer, and fall.
The school is on a quarterly academic calendar.
Admission requirements for the online undergraduate degree programs ere:
• Application and application fee
• Official transcripts from all schools attended
• GPA of 2.0 or higher
• AA degree or 50 quarter hours from a regionally accredited institution
• Writing sample if no college level writing has been taken
Admission requirements for the online MBA are:
• Application end application fee
• Application essay
• Two letters of recommendation (at least one from an employer)
• Official transcripts o undergraduate and graduate coursework
• Admissions interview conducted with Enrollment Advisor
• Applicants with fewer than five years of relevant work experience must have
• Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, or
• GMAT score of 450 or higher within the past four years.
• MBA students can transfer up to eight quarter credits from an accredited graduate business
program taken within the last five years.
The application fee for online programs is as follows:
• Certificates: $10
• Undergraduate: $40
• Graduate: $50
• International: $60
lt is very important to submit financial aid applications and documents as quickly as
possible. The deadline for financial aid applications is usually around April 15, but make sure to check the university website about the specific dates for the current year and the semester for which you’re enrolling.
Financial Aid for students is readily accessible at this school. If you are not a need-based student, financial aid is determined by the Admissions office.
Student Financial Aid Details
The university is a Private, Liberal Arts College, University, Four-year, Roman Catholic Church, Coed, where 44 percent of the applicants were admitted and Regionally accredited. Furthermore, it is part of an Suburban setting, Large town (10,000 – 49,999) and Commuter campus. The school’s size is approximately seven hundred and thirty degree-seeking undergrads. Marylhurst University offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
This school features the Suburban setting, Large town (10,000 – 49,999) and Commuter campus. In other words, the school is located 10 miles from Portland.
Student Enrollment Demographics
Student Graduation Demographics