Skagit Valley College is unique in its study options. An instance of this, the university has a Cross-Registration, Distance Learning, Dual Enrollment of High School Students, ESL, External Degree Program, Honors Program, Independent Study, Internships, Study Abroad and Weekend College. Additionally, when any student is looking for some counseling or other types of support, Adult (re-entering) student services, Career Counseling, Economically Disadvantaged Student Services, Employment Service, Financial Aid Counseling, Freshman Orientation Program, Health Services, Minority Student Services, On-Campus Daycare, Personal Counseling, Placement Service, Veterans Counselor and Women’s Services can help. There’s never a reason to feel alone in your studies either, since there are academic support services like Extensive Undergraduate Evening or Early Morning Classes, Learning Center, Pre-Admission Summer Program, Reduced Course Load, Remedial Instruction, Study Skills Assistance, Tutoring and Writing Center. The university has disability services as well, so be sure to inquire about them if needed.
The following are the types of degrees and majors offered at Skagit Valley College.
- Popular majors:
- sixty-eight percent liberal arts, seven percent business per marketing, seven percent computer and information sciences, five percent health professions
- Parks, Recreation, and Fitness:
- Parks/Leisure Facilities Management
- Personal and Culinary Services:
- Culinary Arts/Related Services
- Health and Clinical Sciences:
- Medical Assistance, Medical Transcription, Nursing (RN), Nursing – Practical, Prenursing
- Early Childhood Education
- School of Visual and Performing Arts:
- Commercial/Advertising Art
- Communications & Journalism:
- Security and Protective Services:
- Fire Science/Firefighting
- Business, Management, & Marketing:
- Accounting, Administrative/Secretarial Services, Business Administration/Management, Hospitality/Recreation Marketing, Office Clerical Services
- Public Administration and Service:
- Human Services
- Computer Science:
- Computer Programming – General, Computer Programming – Specific Applications, Computer/Information Sciences – General, Information Sciences/Systems
In addition, for international students, the application fee is 25.
Most Popular Fields of Study
Transfer students are not ignored, notwithstanding did not report the exact number of transfer students. This school did not report their application fee.
For priority students, financial aid applications are due no later than the 1st of March. It is also very important to submit financial aid applications as quickly as possible, make sure to check with the university about the specific date for this year. Will you make it in time? Make sure to know when all the due dates and deadlines take place. SAT and ACT score reports are very important, so you will want to check on the specific dates with the university. Additionally, the SAT subject section score due date was not reported. The regular application due date was not reported.
Likewise, need based financial aid distribution is determined through Academics, Art, Athletics, Job Skills, Leadership, Music/Drama and State/District Residency. If you are not a need based student, non-need distribution for financial aid is determined by Academics and Athletics. Financial aid forms are FAFSA and Institution’s own financial aid form. Financial aid for students is readily accessible at this school.
Student Financial Aid Details
Besides, the student body consists of ninety-six percent in-state students and four percent out-of-state students. Moreover, it is part of an Rural setting, Large town (10,000 – 49,999) and Commuter campus. Skagit Valley College offers Associate degrees.
This school features the Rural setting, Large town (10,000 – 49,999) and Commuter campus. Anyway, the school is located 60 miles from Seattle; 90 miles from Vancouver, British Columbia.
Student Enrollment Demographics
The following sports can be found here:
- Men’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural and Men’s Scholarship Baseball
- Men’s Intercollegiate, Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural, Women’s Intramural, Men’s Scholarship and Women’s Scholarship Basketball
- Men’s Intercollegiate, Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural, Women’s Intramural, Men’s Scholarship and Women’s Scholarship Golf
- Men’s Intercollegiate, Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural, Women’s Intramural, Men’s Scholarship and Women’s Scholarship Soccer
- Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural, Women’s Intramural and Women’s Scholarship Softball
- Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural, Women’s Intramural and Women’s Scholarship Volleyball