Founded in 1912, Madison Area Technical College is a technical and community college in Madison, Wisc., that serves students living in 12 different counties in the south-central region of that state. It is one of 16 schools in the Wisconsin Technical College System, and has eight locations in Madison and four regional campuses in Portage, Reedsburg, Watertown, and Fort Atkinson.
Approximately 24,000 students are enrolled in degree programs at MATC and another 19,000 are enrolled in non-degree programs and courses.
In late 2010, the Madison College Smart Community Plan was approved by a majority of voters, which will fund the college’s plans for a $133 million upgrade of its facilities to accommodate a growing enrollment.
Madison Area Technical College offers about 144 degree and certificate programs, imcluding Associate in Arts programs in journalism, public relations, education, counseling, international studies and psychology and other areas of study. The college also offers an Associate in Science degree in areas that include engineering, business, finance, marketing, human resources, law, international business, nursing, computer programming, veterinary medicine, urban planning, chiropractic medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, architecture, and botany.
If you are interested in careers like: journalism, public relations, art, theatre, counseling, education, international studies, psychology, social work/human services, sales, translating, politics, advertising, radio/TV/film, elementary education, and much more, the Associate in Arts program at Madison College is the best place to get it started!
Madison Area Technical College is unique in its study options. For instance, the university has a Accelerated Program, Cross-Registration, Distance Learning, Dual Enrollment of High School Students, ESL, External Degree Program and Internships. The university has disability services as well, so be sure to inquire about them if needed. There’s never a reason to feel alone in your studies either, since there are academic support services like Extensive Undergraduate Evening or Early Morning Classes, Learning Center, Reduced Course Load, Remedial Instruction, Study Skills Assistance and Tutoring. In addition, when any student is looking for some counseling or other types of support, Career Counseling, Employment Service, Freshman Orientation Program, Health Services, On-Campus Daycare, Personal Counseling, Placement Service and Veterans Counselor can help.
The following are the types of degrees and majors offered at Madison Area Technical College.
- Security and Protective Services:
- Police Science
- Health and Clinical Sciences:
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technology, Dental Assistance, Dental Hygiene, Emergency Medical Technology, Medical Administrative Assistance, Medical Assistance, Medical Radiologic Technology, Medical Records Administration, Mental Health Services Technology, Nursing (RN), Nursing – Practical, Nursing Assistance, Occupational Therapy Assistance, Pharmacy Assistance, Respiratory Therapy, Surgical Technology, Veterinarian Assistance
- Computer Science:
- Computer Programming – General, Computer/Information Sciences – General
- Multiple or Interdisciplinary:
- Biological/Physical Sciences
- School of Visual and Performing Arts:
- Commercial Photography, Commercial/Advertising Art, Design/Visual Communications, Interior Design
- Personal and Culinary Services:
- Cosmetology, Culinary Arts/Related Services
- Business, Management, & Marketing:
- Accounting, Administrative/Secretarial Services, Business Administration/Management, Business Communications, Entrepreneurial Studies, Fashion Merchandising, Finance/Banking, Hospitality Administration/Management, Hospitality/Recreation Marketing, Information Processing/Data Entry, Insurance/Risk Management, Office Clerical Services, Office Management, Real Estate, Travel/Tourism Management
- Popular majors:
- twenty-eight percent business per marketing, nineteen percent health professions, twelve percent construction trades, seven percent computer and information sciences, seven percent visual and performing arts, six percent family and consumer sciences, five percent english
Most Popular Fields of Study
Transfer students are not ignored, rather did not report the exact number of transfer students. This school did not report their application fee.
For priority students, financial aid applications are due no later than the 15th of April. It is also very important to submit financial aid applications as quickly as possible, make sure to check with the university about the specific date for this year. Will you make it in time? Make sure to know when all the due dates and deadlines take place. the SAT subject section score due date was not reported. The regular application due date was not reported. SAT and ACT score reports are due the 1st of August and
Financial aid distribution is at thirty-five percent scholarships per grants and sixty-five percent loans per jobs. Financial aid forms are FAFSA. Financial aid for students is readily accessible at this school.
Student Financial Aid Details
The school’s size is approximately fourteen thousand, two hundred and thirty-three degree-seeking undergrads. Additionally, the student body consists of ninety-eight percent in-state students and two percent out-of-state students. Madison Area Technical College offers Associate degrees. Further, it is part of an Urban setting, Small city (50,000 – 249,999) and Commuter campus.
This school features the Urban setting, Small city (50,000 – 249,999) and Commuter campus. Further, the university has many unique facilites such as satellite downlink. Clearly, the school is located 75 miles from Milwaukee.
Student Enrollment Demographics
Student Graduation Demographics
The following sports can be found here:
- Men’s Intercollegiate Baseball
- Men’s Intercollegiate, Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural and Women’s Intramural Basketball
- Men’s Intercollegiate Cross_country
- Men’s Intercollegiate Golf
- Men’s Intramural and Women’s Intramural Racquetball
- Men’s Intramural and Women’s Intramural Soccer
- Women’s Intercollegiate Softball
- Men’s Intramural and Women’s Intramural Table_tennis
- Women’s Intercollegiate, Men’s Intramural and Women’s Intramural Volleyball
- Men’s Intercollegiate Wrestling