The College of Marin was founded in 1926. The original campus was located only a few minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Kentfield. In 1985, the college merged with Indian Valley College. This merger added a second campus to the college. The second campus, which spans for an impressive 333 acres in Novato, California, makes it possible for the college to educate more than 10,000 students every semester.