The United Education Institute- Huntington Park Campus is part of a larger system of schools that are located in three different states, California, Florida and Georgia. The Huntington Park Campus is located near Los Angeles, California. UEI is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training.
The major areas of study include: dental assistant, pharmacy technician, medical billing and insurance coding, criminal justice, computer systems technician, business management, and business office administration.
The business management degree focuses on what UEI considers “real business environments” including e-commerce, accounting, marking, and management. Also, this is an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Diplomas and Certificates
- The program in business office administration is a diploma program. In this career students will study human resources, marketing, MS Office software, and business communication. Students who elect this program of study will ultimately be prepared for careers in data entry, office management, administrative assistants, etc.
- The computer systems technician degree provides an opportunity for students to learn relevant job related skills through hands-on training. Students in this program will learn about installing hardware and software, networking technology, and how to troubleshoot common computer issues that users experience. This program can lead to careers as PC support technicians, help desk support technicians, and computer sales representatives.
- The criminal justice diploma prepares students for careers in public safety such as retail security, police dispatcher, or even a private investigator. Students will study general criminal justice core classes and receive practical workforce training in the criminal justice field.
- The dental assistant program teaches students relevant skills to immediately start their career as a dental assistant whether in a private office, government facility, or working with a non-profit organization in a dental clinic affiliated with a free clinic, for example. Coursework will cover: how to handle patient records in an appropriate manner, how to sterilize and prep dental patients and equipment, and proper patient instruction regarding dental procedures and techniques.
- The pharmacy technician program is also designed to train students directly for their career of choice. As a pharmacy technician in training you will undergo instruction in the manner of proper customer service, stocking and managing inventory accordingly, and acting as a general assistant to the pharmacist.
- The medical billing program is estimated to take 8 months to complete. In this program, students will learn how to transcribe medical information, understand medical terminology, code medical procedures, and the ins and outs of medical insurance billing and claim submissions. As with the majority of degrees listed here, you will have options in terms of where you would like to practice including private doctor offices, large hospitals, or a free clinic environment.
- Lastly, the medical assistant program is an ideal choice for individuals interested in patient interaction, but also administrative duties as well. This is also an 8 month program where students learn to record patients’ medical history and vital signs, supply examination rooms, and provide general assistance to doctors.
Most Popular Fields of Study
UEI encourages students to speak with them regarding financial aid options. For the most part, a student can use grants, loans, and scholarships to pay for their education at UEI. Furthermore, students are encouraged to apply for federal funding by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, better known as the FAFSA. This application will determine your eligibility for federal funding in the form of grants or loans. The information reported on the FAFSA includes your income and other financial indicators, which is then used to determine your expected family contribution.
Student Financial Aid Details
Additional School Information
Job Placement Help
UEI forms relationships with employers in the area in order to facilitate the job search for recent graduates. If a student is approaching graduation, they are encouraged to speak with a UEI representative to inquire about job placement opportunities.
It is United Education Institute’s goal to respond directly to the growing needs of the community and the job sectors of a given community that are expanding. This institution embraces values that reflect the modern workplace, including: “teamwork, respect, success, integrity, [and] one standard of excellence.” If for whatever reason, you do not find what you are interested in studying at UEI, you can contact an admission representative regarding programs offered at other locations at this ever expanding institution. Another advantage of UEI is that if you wish to communicate with someone immediately, there is an online “live chat” feature that will connect you with someone in real time.
United Education Institute. 17 May 2011. Web. <http://www.uei.edu/>