The Florida Career College – Orlando (FCC-Orlando), was established in 1982 and is part of the Anthem Education network of campuses that offer hands-on training along with traditional coursework classes to prepare students for futures in business, healthcare, and computer technology fields. This campus has a flexible class schedule offering day, evening, and some Saturday classes to help students balance earning their degrees with real life. Students have a distinct advantage upon graduation because their instructors keep up-to-date with with technology and new trends in their fields, which are incorporated into the curriculum.
Students can enroll in one of the following programs to earn either a diploma or associate degree:
- The Computer & Network Technician program instructs students in business networks and how to maintain and upgrade computer systems.
- Health Services Administration prepares students for working with medical records, billing, and insurance along with obtaining a background in healthcare laws and regulations.
- The Information Technology degree focuses on how to design and maintain computer networks for businesses.
- Those earning a Medical Assistant Technician degree train to be medical assistants, medical secretaries, or lab technicians in a physician’s office.
- The Medical Front Office & Billing program prepares future staff to work the front office of a physician’s office along with learning about coding, insurance, and billing.
- The Patient Care Technician teaches occupational therapy, radiology, and Respiratory and Geriatric skills in order to train students to care for patients.
- Students learn in hands-on classes while earning their degrees as a Pharmacy Technician. There are classes in pharmacology, chemotherapy, intravenous treatments and antibiotics. Students enter externships in pharmacies to round out their education.
- The Business Administration program is designed to help future managers succeed in running an office. Students will also become well versed in Accounting, Leadership, Finance, Economics, and may choose to specialize in a particular business area.
- Students interested in the Cosmetology degree will benefit from the top-of-the-line equipment as they learn in a hands-on environment, including a real spa located on the campus. All aspects of hair, skin, and nail care included in this program.