Creighton University, a private Catholic school, was established in 1878 but its health science programs did not begin until much later. The School of Dentistry was created in 1905. The present dental facility was completed in 1973. In addition to its DDS program, the School of Dentistry, in cooperation with several local junior colleges, is involved in the training of dental auxiliaries. Creighton also has schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions.