The Wenatchee Valley College was established in 1939 as a private institution in Wenatchee with donations from 51 local residents. After two years, it became a part of the state of Washington’s public education system. In the initial years of its establishment, classes were conducted from the third floor of the Wenatchee High School building. In 1949, the college shifted to A. Z. Wells home built on a five acre tract on the Fifth Street. Gradually, the college administration bought nearby land from adjoining landowners and the campus expanded to an area of 56-acres. In the mid 1970s, the Omak campus was established.
The Wenatchee Valley College essentially caters to the residents of the Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan counties. The Wenatchee college campus is located near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains, and is midway between Seattle and Spokane. The Omak campus is located about 100 miles north of the Wenatchee campus. The Wenatchee Valley College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.