University of Wisconsin La Crosse (UW La Crosse) is a public university in the University of Wisconsin system. It was first founded as a normal school in 1909. In 1964 the university became part of the Wisconsin State University System. The original campus center, Maurice O. Graff Main Hall, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is still used today to house student services; the departments of Psychology, Philosophy, and Modern Languages; and various other offices.
The campus extends across 119 acres in residential La Crosse. It features artistic, award-winning landscaping. The impressive La Crosse bluffs and Mississippi River are both close to the campus.