California State University, Stanislaus is known as Stan State or Cal State Stanislaus. The campus was established in the year 1957 in the city of Turlock, California. This university is the only one of its kind to offer a bachelor’s degree in cognitive studies. The campus is rated one of the top ten public universities available for students for the “west coast master’s” programs.
The college was initially called Stanislaus State College and was accredited in the year 1964. It was in 1960 that classes began on the Stanislaus County Fairgrounds. The courses and college were moved to the current location five years later and after receiving accreditation it was awarded the status of a university. The school took on its current name in 1985 and in 1999 it received the ten year accreditation.