Northeast Mississippi Community College (NEMCC) is a public, two-year college serving the residents of Tishomingo, Union, Alcorn, Tippah, and Prentiss counties. Its history dates back to 1941 when the Northeast Mississippi Junior College was established in Prentiss County. Due to World War II, construction of the college was delayed. It did open in 1948 as an agricultural and junior college and in 1987 the institution was given its current name.
NEMCC is located in Booneville, in the northeastern region of Mississippi, about 100 miles southeast of Memphis. The college has two off-campus instructional centers at New Albany and Corinth. The main campus at Booneville features the Judge William H. Anderson Hall, Bonner Arnold Coliseum, Bratton C. Burgess Activity Center, Gaye Roden Carr Aquatic Center, and the Eula Dees Memorial Library.
Northeast Mississippi Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools for awarding associate degrees and certificates.