DeVry University was first established in Chicago in 1931 under the name DeForest Training School. The school was established to train students in a variety of technical work. In 1968 the school became DeVry Institute of Technology. In 1987, after it merged with Keller Graduate School of Management, DeVry Inc. was formed. Over the years the conglomerate has begun a variety of other schools, including Ross University, Apollo College, Western Career College, Chamberlain College of Nurshin, Fanor, and Becker Professional Education and Advanced Academics. The Columbus campus is one of 90 throughout the United States and Canada.