In 1944, New Castle School of Trades was founded to train students in various skilled trades for students in Pennsylvania and Ohio. In 1954, the school moved to its current location in Pulaski, Pennsylvania. The Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools (NATT) and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology both accredit New Caste School of trades.
The U.S. Department of Education granted the school approval to award the Associate in Specialized Technology in the electronic technology field. Other programs earned the same distinction shortly after. The EFC Trade Inc. acquired the New Castle School of Trades in 1988. New Castle School of Trades continues to grow and offer students the wide selection of diploma programs.