Founded in 1882 by Bishop Isaac Lane of the CME; Lane College is a small, private, co-educational, church-influenced institution located in Jackson, Tennessee. The campus is spread across an area of 55 acres. Originally established as C.M.E. High School by the Colored Methodist Episcopal Church, it underwent several name changes till it was finally renamed Lane College in 1896. The College admits students regardless of religion color, sex, or nationality.