Located in the city of Paris, Texas, Paris Junior College (PJC) was established in June 1924 by the Paris Independent School District to satisfy the district’s need for an institution of higher learning. The beginnings were humble – the college started with a student population of only 91 and 7 faculty and this ambitious project was started in the buildings of Paris High School.
Growth led the school to move to its own facility a year later – again to a building donated by the federal government but consistent growth over the years led to the acquisition of the site where the college is now located in 1940. This 54-acre site is the college’s main campus but it has campuses in Greenville and Sulphur Springs. The Greenville campus, which was added in 2008, is a 39,000 square foot facility that contains administrative offices, labs, classrooms and a large meeting place.